« Home | under manhattan right now » | parks in the sky » | cause for a helmet » | analyze your face » | patent this » | a question for you » | mime tv? » | the Z channel » | the game of kings » | take a break » 

6.17.2005 

geniuses of the week


joel & ethan coen
from the big lebowski(1998):

Donny: If what's during league play?
Walter: Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit.
Donny: What's wrong with Walter, Dude?
Dude: I figure it's easy money, it's all pretty harmless. I mean she probably kidnapped herself.
Walter: Huh?
Donny: What do you mean, Dude?
Dude: Rug-peers did not do this. I mean look at it. Young trophy wife. Marries a guy for money but figures he isn't giving her enough. She owes money all over town--
Walter: That...fucking...bitch!
Dude: It's all a goddamn fake. Like Lenin said, look for the person who will benefit. And you will, uh, you know, you'll, uh, you know what I'm trying to say--
Donny: I am the Walrus.
Walter: That fucking bitch!
Dude: Yeah.
Donny: I am the Walrus.
Walter: Shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin! Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!
Donny: What the fuck is he talking about?
Walter: That's fucking exactly what happened, Dude! That makes me fucking SICK!
Dude: Yeah, well, what do you care, Walter?
Donny: Yeah Dude, why is Walter so pissed off?
Walter: Those rich fucks! This whole fucking thing-- I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that this fucking strumpet--
Dude: I don't see any connection to Vietnam, Walter.
Walter: Well, there isn't a literal connection, Dude.
Dude: Walter, face it, there isn't any connection. It's your roll.
Walter: Have it your way. The point is--
Dude: It's your roll--
Walter: The fucking point is--
Dude: It's your roll.